Experimental Server Patch Notes
New Experimental Patch - UPDATED 5/31/2019
To test on experimental, make sure you run the "Legends of Aria Launcher Experimental" from the Start Menu. Check the version on the bottom right of the launcher window before hitting the "Launch" button.
You can read the prior patch notes here.
UPDATED 5/31 - All *** are new items
Old magic has begun to awaken in the world of New Celador and with it colossals have begun to roam the world once more.
- New PvE encounter that operates like mini-awakenings.
- All colossals have stages of combat that are triggered when they reach 60% and 30% remaining health.
- Colossals are summoned using maps that are rare drops from level 4 and 5 sunken and buried treasure and require 85 “treasure hunting” skill to decipher.
- Colossals have unique loot including;
- Executioner scrolls to enhance weapons
- Decorative statues (super rare)
- Currently spawn just outside Freeman Quarry (for testing purposes)
- Colossal: Medeina (Goddess of Wolves)
- Summons enraged dire wolves to aide her during combat.
- Colossal: Misha (Dire Den Mother)
- Summons enraged dire bears to aide her during combat.
- Minions of colossals will now despawn if the colossal dies, is destroyed, or starts to wander.
- Added precise colossal maps as login rewards for June 8-9th.
- The Guild window now has a new tab for Guild Wars where you can declare war on guilds, accept incoming war declarations, and check on the progress of current wars.
- Guilds are allowed to have up to five outstanding declarations and/or wars at one time.
- Only guild officers can declare war, accept declarations, or surrender.
- Guild officers have 24 hours to respond to incoming war declarations.
- War declarations can have a 24 hour, 7 day or 30 day duration.
- For experimental testing, war declarations have a 1 minute, 30 minute, or 1 hour duration.
- Once an incoming war declaration is accepted, the war begins! Guild members will see a “Guild War Icon” on enemy guild members.
- Guild officers on either side can surrender and immediately end the war.
- You can now loot players you are in a guild war with correctly.
- You can no longer surrender a guild war that has ended.
Gardening The ability to grow ingredients for cooking has been added:
- Plants can be grown from seeds and the player must monitor the soil moisture level each day.
- Four plant containers added: pot, small raised bed, medium raised bed, and large raised bed which are craftable by carpenters.
- Seeds for planting are harvested from various monster/animal corpses, those with seed diets.
- Plants have three actions that can be performed:
- Water: uses a full waterskin from your inventory to increase the soil moisture.
- Gather: gathers all fruits from the plant and empties the plant container.
- Empty: destroys the plant and discards all fruit and resets the soil moisture level.
- Double clicking a plant container, that has a plant in it, with automatically water the plant.
- Plants that are too dry or too wet will not grow properly.
- Seeds do not stack by design.
- Plants take 24 hours to mature to each growth stage.
- Added colliders to all gardening containers.
- A new face has appeared in Belhaven who will grant Chaotic and Outcast characters the chance to be Innocent again.
- After reprieve, the character will become innocent and have the opportunity to work off their “karma debt”, which can be seen in the character window.
- Dropping into negative karma will end the reprieve and revert your karma value to the remainder of your debt.
- A character will only be given this chance once, and this opportunity will only be offered for a limited time.
- Ebris added as the third Allegiance.
- Ebris recruiter added to Eldeir.
- Ranking system updated(continued)
- Allegiance Players take a portion of the enemy’s rank on kill, based on the highest damage dealer to the victim. The higher the rank of the victim, the higher the reward.
- Allegiance members are ranked within their own Allegiance, relative to their peers based on their standing and percentile.
- Rank 7: Standing 1
- Rank 6: Standing 5 or less
- Rank 5: > 70%
- Rank 4: > 50%
- Rank 3: > 30%
- Rank 2: > 10%
- Rank 1 requirement is met as long as you are an active participant.
- Rankings are calculated when servers come up, on a daily basis.
- Highest ranking member of each Allegiance is featured in the UI, as well as visually distinguished in game.
- Various countermeasures are in place to prevent abuse of the rank system.
- Allegiance Cleansing event added:
- This event is active for a set amount of time.
- Spirits spawn continuously throughout the duration of the event.
- Compete against enemy Allegiance members to search the event area for Spirits to subdue.
- Players earn Allegiance currency for contribution to the objective.
- Allegiance King of the Hill event added:
- Players fight for dominance to control a small area for a period of time.
- The Allegiance with the most cumulative control points controls the hill.
- Points are earned when there is only one contesting Allegiance.
- This event no longer rewards Allegiance currency.
- Players earn a slow trickle of Allegiance currency while they are earning objective credit for their Allegiance.
- Players now earn 3 Allegiance currency every 5 seconds while inside an uncontested hill instead of just 1.
- When an event becomes active, Allegiance players will be notified via a broadcast and map marker.
- Map markers display the current winning side.
- A warning that an event is about to start will also be broadcasted 15 minutes prior to the start of the event.
- Allegiance UI window now displays the time until the next event starts.
- Players inside an active Allegiance event area will now see an event scoreboard overlay containing a description, each team’s point total, and time remaining.
- Events periodically activate at several predetermined points of interest:
- Pyros Outskirts
- Valus Outskirts
- Everdale Farms
- Grim’s Cove
- Central Black Forest
- Scaled Path
- King of the Hill
- Spiritwood Lumber
- Valus Cemetery
- Freman Quarry
- Rewards may be purchased with Allegiance currency in Belhaven, by the Allegiance that controls 2 or more King of the Hill locations.
- Added one reward for each of the 7 ranks.
- Allegiance rewards require certain ranks to use.
- Allegiance currency and rewards are blessed and do not drop on death.
- Rewards include useful utility-based consumables, wearable and decorative cosmetics, and mounts.
- Allegiance chat added.
- Allegiance players may once again use any portal.
- Titles added for each rank of each Allegiance.
- New visuals added for Allegiance cloaks.
- Earning Allegiance currency from events will no longer automatically open your backpack.
- The Thread of Weightlessness effect now persists through logout and traveling across regions.
- Reward costs are currently set for testing purposes and will be adjusted after testing. Event schedules have been updated to be closer to their intended values for live servers.
- Allegiance members may now benefit from other’s actions as long as they are not currently engaged in conflict with a player. This should make it easier for those players to participate in PvE.
- Added new map icons for Allegiance events.
- Improved audio performance for large crowds and big fights when many sounds of the same type occur.
- Added new attack/environmental sounds for a variety of animals and monsters.
- Fixed an issue with graveyard ambient noises.
- Improved audio performance for weapon sounds.
- Improved sounds for dragons and bats.
- Added distinct footstep sounds for NPCs.
- Fixed fireball impact sounds.
- Added wing sounds for flying monsters.
- Fixed an issue with some monsters not playing their footstep sound.
- Fixed an issue with chainmail armor not playing correct footstep sounds.
- Fixed night ambient sounds not looping correctly.
Additional Cooking Fixes
- All previously cooked food is still edible
- Cooked food does stack
- Cooking pot can now be dragged more easily
- Cooked food now shares the appearance of the primary ingredient used (one with highest stat increase).
Other Bug Fixes & Enhancements
- Fixed guild list not refreshing when new guilds are added.
- Fixed guild wars kills not being counted and showing up on the War Details page.
- Fixed issues with client crashing when gardening pots are placed.
- Fixed an issue where stacking items in your backpack makes it so you can’t pick anything else up.
- Can no longer use healing potions when affected by Mortal Strike.
- Added a Gardening icon to the crafting window.
- Fixed texture issues on healing shrine and harpies.
- Guild wars icons now appear on the correct players.
- Fixed not being able to drag a cooking pot.
- Fixed issue with your character being invisible as a ghost.
- Fixed issue where less than 1 damage could sometimes cause no damage.
- Fixed issue with forced self resurrection.
- Larger objects on plots can no longer be placed/moved to over edge of plot boundary.
- Larger objects on plots can no longer be placed/moved into other larger objects.
- Chests can now be unpacked directly onto tables.
- Chests and tables should appear in the crafting menu again.
- Items which buff carrying capacity now correctly do so.
- Added mending potions to the potions test container.
- Fixed shrine not clearing that you have visited in some situations.
- Added a button to skip the launcher hash check.
- Fixed an issue with target highlighting not displaying the correct color.
- Fixed a bug causing poison spell damage not to be affected by the Power stat.
- Dungeon chests should spawn more consistently now.
- Button Mushrooms are now cookable, as intended.
- Using the “Cook All” function on a cooking pot will no longer stall when cooking fails.
- Filling a waterskin will now be interrupted by movement and performing actions.
- Fixed an issue with the scroll window overlapping the search button in the Guild Wars Declare War window.
- Empty guilds will no longer show up in the Guild War search list.
- Fixed an issue where the creator of a guild is not made the leader.
- Fixed keybind not working correctly with modifier.
- Fixed a bug where players could not send /tell to GMs.
- Fixed some actions (WASD movement) to work regardless of currently pressed modifier.
- Sorted issue that would cause Auction UI to not update when plot was first foreclosed.
- All shrines in catacombs are now red shrines.
- Slows/stuns now properly affect NPC movement speeds.
- Auto pick location of resurrect shrines, when corpse releasing, adjusted slightly to prevent some stuck situations.
- Colossals will now despawn their adds when they die or re-enter their wander state.
- Damage hit flash indicators cannot happen more than once per 2.5 seconds.
- Added /togglehitflash command to disable combat damage hit flash completely.
- Fixed an issue with players appearing and disappearing while mounted.
- Awakening drakes are now sandy/gold to aid with visibility of tamed wyverns.
- Fixed an issue where a new owner of the plot could not inspect and dress pre-existing vendor after the ownership has been transferred.
- Fixed players not memorizing map for starting sub-region with disabled New Player Experience.
- Players can only drop items onto pack horses they own or are owned by a group member.
- Teleporting to a different region should now close your bank box before teleporting you.
- Fixed issue with waterskins not working on hotbar and remove the ability to "Drink" from a waterskin.
- Added X to incorrect client version dialog, fixed downloads button.
- Buttons on a character creation window does not make sound when "turn off sound" button is on.
- Changed Thread of Weightlessness to Elixir of Holding.
- Fixed 25 chest spawn locations that were unreachable in dungeons and towns.
The New Experimental Server Patch Notes 13.04.2019 (Updated)
How to Test
To test on experimental you need experimental client version 0.8.6.4. Make sure you run the "Legends of Aria Launcher Experimental" from the Start Menu. Check the version on the bottom right of the launcher window before hitting the "Launch" button.
NOTE: It is recommended to run the main game launcher before running the Experimental launcher.
Update 04/19: New patch is live and notes included below. We're expecting to make an additional patch this weekend to address remaining problems with Crafting Orders!
Notes on Existing Experimental Notes
- Allegiance update fixes
- Death Release to Shrine more solid
- Death UI Polish
- Fixes to Chilled effect and slow method it utilizes
- Increased Ethereal Mount durability rate (breaks faster)
- Mounting fails if creature is dead when channel ends
New Death System
- Ghost players will not be able to see other players, other than at the scene of their own corpse
- Upon death a player will not instantly release to their ghost. When released, player will be moved to the nearest resurrection shrine
- Returning to the site of your player corpse will offer an ability to resurrect with minimal resource pools and all remaining belongings returned
- Players can choose to resurrect at a shrine following their death, which will leave all belongings on corpse
- You can now Resurrect a player’s corpse while player is in a different region
- Pets will be partially released upon player death and will resume ownership on resurrection within range of your body
- Added a cooldown spell which teleports a player’s ghost to the nearest available shrine
- Added a cooldown ability that allows a player’s ghost to see other mobiles near their corpse when activated
New Mount System
- Standard mounts can no longer be dismissed to statues
- Mounting a horse is no longer instant / being dismounted no longer carries a debuff
- Mounting a horse simply requires an interruptible short channel
- Engaging in combat, casting spells or engaging in standard actions will dismount the rider
- **Updated 04/19**
- Ethereal mounts are now available with summon/unsummon straight to player inventories that will wear over time and eventually break from normal use
- New Spell! Etherealize will allow the caster to turn their targeted mount into a statue
- New Reagent! Ether will allow the casting of Etherealize, crafted by an alchemist with items obtained from liches and skeleton mages.
- The Allegiance system now has seasons. Rankings reset at the start of each new season
- Players are now ranked directly against their peers
- New ranking information added to the Allegiance window
- Joining allegiances now requires new members to have attained maximum stats
- Adjustments made to the transfer of Favor (rank points) on kill
- Chances to receive specific crafting orders based on your skill level has been adjusted.
- Some new crafting order rewards are now accessible that were not previously. This includes some new dye colors and bless deeds.
- Updated Kryss secondary ability to bleed
- Updated Poniard secondary ability to Mortal Strike
- Adjusted bow difficulty to improve skill progression
- Adjusted Obsidian crafting difficulty to improve skill progression
- Adjusted difficulty on boards to allow crafters to GM on high end materials
- Hunter spider now has the appropriate pet slot assignment
- Fixed Black Forest town chest that was stuck in a wall
- Dice rolls are now System Messages
- Range increased on Destroy Foundation to allow players to destroy larger foundations
- Plot taxes can be paid directly from bank balance
- Fixed an issue that always counted owner's guard protection when protecting pets
- Higher skill characters are no longer offered low skill missions
- Fixed missions being given based on incorrect skill level
- Mission difficulty level for tamers now uses AnimalTaming instead of Beastmastery
- Lockboxes can be opened via lock picking
- Players affected by Chilled debuff will be immune to Frost damage for the duration
- Disabling effects such as stun now set to lowest speed vs locking in place, also applies to casting
- Fixed Stasis removing Immunity when effect was ended early
- **Updated 04/19**
- Opening the map in a region you have not memorized will open the zoomed world map instead
- Founder Mount Statues have been temporarily disabled; on use player will be given a system message
- Allegiance leaders' default interaction when out of combat is now converse instead of attack
The New Experimental Server is now live!
Last week we informed you of our plans to launch a new 24/7 Experimental Server - and we’re happy to announce that it is available right now! The Experimental Server is available through the Legends of Aria launcher.
Forum threads have been made under Experimental Discussion for the New Death System, the New Mount System, and Miscellaneous Improvements. We ask that you leave your feedback on the changes on the appropriate forum threads. For any bugs, please report in-game. You can view all of the Experimental Server Patch Notes below:
New Death System
- Ghost players will not be able to see other players, other than at the scene of their own corpse - Upon death a player will not instantly release to their ghost. When released, player will be moved to the nearest resurrection shrine. - Added a cooldown spell which teleports a player’s ghost to the nearest available shrine - Returning to the sight of your player corpse will offer an ability to resurrect with minimal resource pools and all remaining belongings returned - Players can now choose to resurrect at a shrine following their death, which will leave all belongings on corpse - You can now Resurrect a player’s corpse while player is in a different region - Pets will be partially released upon player death and will resume ownership on resurrection within range of your body - Added a cooldown ability that allows a player’s ghost to see other mobiles near their corpse when activated
New Mount System
- Standard mounts can no longer be dismissed to statues - Mounting a horse is no longer instant / being dismounted no longer carries a debuff - Mounting a horse simply requires an interruptible short channel - Engaging in combat, casting spells or engaging in standard actions will dismount the rider - New mount types are now available with summon/unsummon straight to player inventories
- Fixed missions being given based on incorrect skill level - Updated Kryss secondary ability to bleed - Updated Poniard secondary ability to Mortal Strike - Adjusted bow difficulty to improve skill progression - Adjusted Obsidian crafting difficulty to improve skill progression - Adjusted difficulty on boards to allow crafters to GM on high end materials - Added ethereal horses - Hunter spider now has the appropriate pet slot assignment - Fixed Black Forest town chest that was stuck in a wall