Combat Questions page created to help new players to understand combat mechanics.
- This page also can be called as " New Player combat guide ".
- 1 What are some ways to increase melee damage ?
- 2 What are some ways to increase magic damage ?
- 3 Does weapon skill affects hit chance ?
- 4 What is Accuracy and How Accuracy works ??
- 5 What Shields do in combat ??
- 6 How Wisdom Stat works ?
- 7 How "Healing" system works ?
- 8 How Magic Affinity skill works ?
- 9 Does Magic Affinity skill effect poison damage ?
- 10 How Armor and damage reduction works ?
- 11 Also See
What are some ways to increase melee damage ?
- Legends of aria has only 2 attributes to maximise your melee damage.
- If would like to maximise your melee damage you need to maximise your Vigor skill to 100 and Strength stat to 50.
- 100 skills in Vigor increase your melee damage %125 Check : Vigor
- 50 points in Strength increase your melee damage %100 Check: Stats
What are some ways to increase magic damage ?
- Legends of aria has only 2 attributes to maximise your magic damage.
- If would like to maximise your magic damage you need maximise your Magic Affinity skill to 100 and Intelligence to 50.
- 100 skills in Magic Affinity increase your magic damage %100 Check : Magic Affinity
- 50 points in Intelligence increase your magic damage %25 Check: Stats
Does weapon skill affects hit chance ?
- Definitely YES !
When you and your opponent have the same combat skill value, you have %40 hit chance while attacking him/her. This hit chance can be further modified by weapons Accuracy attribute.
- +25 Accuracy Weapon = %65 Hit Chance
- +20 Accuracy Weapon = %60 Hit Chance
- +15 Accuracy Weapon = %55 Hit Chance
- +10 Accuracy Weapon = %50 Hit Chance
- +5 Accuracy Weapon = %45 Hit Chance
- 0 Accuracy Weapon = %40 Hit Chance
- You need to hold weapon related to your combat skill in your hand (not in your backpack) for above to apply.
- Only attacking combat skills (weapon skills and brawling) can be used while calculating hit chance.
What is Accuracy and How Accuracy works ??
- Only crafted Weapons has Accuracy modifier on them.
- Each Accuracy will increase your chance to hit your enemy %1.
- Max Accuracy is +25.
- Shield is used to block the melee damage. Whenever you block an attack you will reduce damage between %30-%40.
- Blocking an attack doesn’t mean that you won’t get any damage!
- You have %25 chance to block an attack with 100 skills in Blocking.
- The more wisdom you have, the more you will have a chance to reduce a magic damage by %50.
|Wisdom||Chance to reduce|
Magic Damage By %50
|50 (Max)||50% Chance|
Also Check = Stats
How "Healing" system works ?
There are just 3 ways to heal;
- If you heal your friend with Bandage, you will heal %50 amount of the heal you can.
- If you heal anybody by casting an heal spell, you will heal yourself or anybody %100 amount of heal you can.
How Magic Affinity skill works ?
- The more Magic Affinity skill you have, the more you Magic Damage you will have.
- 100 Magic Affinity will give you %100 Upgrade.
- 50 Intelligence will upgrade your magic damage by %25.
|Magic Affinity||Damage Upgrade|
Note = POWER FORMULA = (Magic Affinity / 5) x (Use Table Bellow for INT) Example = If you have 100 Magic Affinity and 50 INT You will have 25 POWER
- (100/5) x (%25) = 25 Power
|50 (Max)||%25 (Max)|
Does Magic Affinity skill effect poison damage ?
- Yes, it affects poison damage.
- The more MA, The more magic damage you will have.
- Intelligence also effect poison damage.
- The more Armor you have, the less damage you will get from melee and ranged attacks.
|35 Armor||0 Damage Reduction|
|40 Armor||%12,5 Damage Reduction|
|45 Armor||%22,5 Damage Reduction|
|50 Armor||%30 Damage Reduction|
|55 Armor||%37,5 Damage Reduction|
|60 Armor||%42,5 Damage Reduction|
|65 Armor||%47,5 Damage Reduction|
|70 Armor||%50 Damage Reduction|
|75 Armor||%52,5 Damage Reduction|
- Armor doesn’t decrease damage taken from Magic users.
Also Check = Armor page more information.
- New Player Questions
- List of Creatures
- Prestige Abilities
- Combat Skills